Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Gun pointed at sacked Tanzania minister

A policeman in plain clothes pointed a gun at Tanzania's sacked minister of information, Nape Mnauye, in a bid to prevent him from holding a press conference at a hotel in the main city, Dar es Salaam. 
There was also a scuffle involving plain clothes officers, a man who had accompanied Mr Mnauye, and other men who I could not identify. 
The gun was pointed at Mr Mnauye to try and force him to return to his car. 
He eventually spoke, standing up through the sunroof of his vehicle.
Apart from journalists, many other people had come to hear Mr Mnauye's reaction to his controversial dismissal from the cabinet by President John Magufuli ( see earlier post ).
Mr Nauye said he respected the president's right to sack him.
Referring to the scuffle, he said: 
"Why would somebody point a pistol at me? I’ve been very patriotic to this country and my party, and I swear I will continue to be loyal."
Gun pointed at sacked Tanzania minister Gun pointed at sacked Tanzania minister Reviewed by Unknown on 00:44:00 Rating: 5

No comments

Recent